Gluten Free Loaf
I have called this a loaf, because even though I use it as a bread alternative,
it is much more dense.
It is packed with wholefoods, fibre, good fats and comes with the added bonus
of a little extra veggies.
What do I need?
- 2 cups of Almond Meal
- 20g of Psyllium Husk
- 60g of LSA (Linseed, Sunflower and Almond Mix)
- 50g of Chia Seeds
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 2Tbl of Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of Yoghurt. I use homemade coconut yoghurt, the other option would be a good quality Greek one
- 250g of Zucchini, grated. This is approx 2 medium zucchini’s
- Sunflower and Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds) for sprinkling on top
Let’s Do This!
1. Preheat the oven to 180c (160c for fan-forced). Grease the loaf pan generously with coconut and toss almond meal over it – this helps it to no stick.
2. Place the almond meal, psyllium, LSA, chia seeds and baking powder in a bowl, combine
3. Mix together your almond milk, eggs and yoghurt. Add this to the dry mixture with the coconut oil and zucchini.
4. Ensure your ingredients are well combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and pepitas
6. Bake for approx 45mins – 1 hour, testing with a skewer to ensure it is cooked. If you find the top is browning too quickly cover with foil.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin. Turn out onto your board, slice and enjoy!
I typically get 12-13 slices. It keeps in the fridge covered for a week and also freezes well.