Choc Tahini Fudge Balls
These little indulgences were made as a dessert for my dad. I needed something that I could serve him that he would enjoy. Now my dad is a very typical country-bred man that likes the traditional way of eating. I absolutely nailed it. He ended up eating 4!!
What do I need?
20g Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
20g Sunflower Seeds
20g Chia Seeds
4 Medjool Dates
20g Coconut Oil (Melted)
20g Cacao Powder
10 g Raw Honey
1 – 2Tbl Water
Let’s Do This!
1. Place the almonds and seeds into a food processor. Blitz until the almonds and seeds represent crumbs.
2. Place this mixture into a bowl.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor. Blitz until the ingredients begins to ball together.
4. Add 3/4 of the almond mixture to the date mix. Blitz until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure that all ingredients are combined.
5. At this point you may need to add the water. Add 1t at a time. The mixture should be pliable and firm
6. Take heaped tablespoons (25-30g) of the mixture and roll into balls.
7. Alternating toss the balls into the remaining almond mixture, shredded coconut or cacao until coated.
Makes approximately 9-12 30g balls – store in the fridge, they will keep for ages, if you don’t eat them all!!