Mediterranean Fish Bake
A vibrant medley of vegetables coupled with the tender softness of some sea bass fillets, doused in a simple tomato sauce and heaps of olive oil – this Mediterranean Fish Bake is a taste buds delight.
I’m all for making preparing yummy food as painless as possible – oh and most importantly with the least amount of washing up! Preparing a full meal in a single tray and letting the oven do all the cooking certainly ticks all these boxes.
See that foil in the bottom of the pan? If you place that right you won’t even need to clean the baking tray! Meals like this allow more time to spend doing – well whatever it is you want to do with your extra time!
In keeping with all the flavours of the mediterranean this fish bake is made with capsicum, eggplants, zucchini and broccoli with added flavour sensations of kalamata olives and capers, ensuring that something special. It wouldn’t be complete without the richness of a tomato sauce. This is covered with a super quick and easy sauce, making this an easy weeknight dinner.
This Mediterranean Fish Bake is a delicious way to add in extra vegetables. With all the vegetables packed into this dish, you are easily consuming 4 of your daily serves. This is also great for taking for lunches – this is actually why I cooked this dish, so I could take it to work for lunch.
Fish ensures that you have a great boost of protein and pairs perfectly with the taste of these Mediterranean Vegetables.
This Mediterranean Fish Bake is the perfect blend of hearty and lightness. Perfect for a cold winters night or a summers evening. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook when you make this, I love to see your creations!
What Do I Need?
- 4 Sea Bass fillets
- 3 Capsicums, cut into quarters
- 1/2 Head of Broccoli, florets sliced in half
- 9 – 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 9 – 10 Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 Tablespoon of Capers
- 1 Zucchini, sliced on the angle
- 1 Eggplant, sliced length ways
- 2 cup of Tomato Passata
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Dried Oregano
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
Let’s Do This!
1. Preheat the oven to 200c.
2. Lightly steam the broccoli florets – approx 5 minutes
3. Salt the eggplant and set aside – this makes the eggplant sweat and makes it softer once cooked.
4. Add the dried basil and oregano to the tomato passata and stir
5. Line the bottom of a roasting pan/dish with foil and coat with a little EVOO.
6. Layer the vegetables and the sea bass into the pan (see pictures above) – pour 1 cup of the tomato passata after the cherry tomatoes
- Sea Bass
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
7. Pour over the remaining cup of tomato passata using the back of spoon to ensure the top is covered and to poke it down a little
8. Drizzle over EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
9. Bake for 45-60 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the topped has browned a little.
This can be served as is or with a simple side salad.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free, SIBO friendly and is nut free.