Ginger Spiced Granola
The better alternative to breakfast cereals. Granola is great to have by itself or used as a topping for smoothies, smoothie bowls, yoghurt and fruit. This granola is gluten-free, packed full of nuts and seeds and sweetened with just enough rice malt syrup to give it that granola crunch without packing it full of sugar. The dates make a great chewy addition to the cruchiness of the granola.
What do I need?
50g Sunflower Seeds
70g Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
60g Shaved Coconut
40g Chia Seeds
2 tsp of Cinnamon
2 tsp of Ginger (ground)
1 tsp of All Spice
20g Coconut Oil
- 20g Rice Malt Syrup
Let’s do this!
1. Pre heat oven to 180c.
2. Line an oven proof tray with baking paper.
3. Roughly chop the almonds, walnuts and dates.
4. Add the nuts, dates, the seeds, coconut and spices. Toss.
5. Heat the coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
6. Move quickly to pour the coconut oil and syrup over the nut mixture. Stir to ensure nut mixture is fully coated.
7. Spread the granola over the tray ensuring it is even.
8. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
9. Mix the granola and spread out again, placing in back in the oven for a further 7-10mins until it is golden.
10. Remove from the oven and let it fully cool on the tray before placing in an airtight container.
Serve with Coconut Yoghurt and a handful of berries.
Serves 9 (approx) 50g
This is also great as a topping for smoothies, sprinkling over pancakes or having with your favourite milk.