Chocolate Mousse Smoothie Bowl
Dessert for breakfast!! This amazing Chocolate Mousse Smoothie Bowl is packed with good fats, some hidden greens, protein, antioxidants and fibre so you know you are providing your body with the nutrients it needs to have an AMAZING day!!
Make sure you eat this somewhere you can really enjoy it – take yourself away from the tv, your phone and enjoy every mouthful knowing you are nourishing your body well.
What do I need?
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Avocado
- 50g Frozen Blueberries
- 1 block of Frozen Spinach (can get this at any supermarket
- 10g Protein – can either be vanilla or chocolate (I used the Healthy Chefs Vanilla Pea Protein)
- 10g Cacao
- 1 teaspoon of Psyllium or LSA
- 1 teaspoon of Rice Malt Syrup – you could use pure maple syrup or honey – the banana can provide enough sweetness depending on your taste.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- Handful of ice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice (just not skim!) I used an almond coconut blend
Let’s do this!
1. Pop all the ingredients into your blender
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Serve topped with a generous dollop of coconut (or Greek) yogurt, your favourite fruit, nuts, chia seeds and cacao nibs.
I topped mine with pan fried fig, walnuts, chia seeds, cacao nibs and coconut yoghurt.
The recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan if pea protein is used.