Carrot Cake Pancakes
When you get a request to make something as delicious as Carrot Cake Pancakes how can you refuse! So here we have them. The best cake flavour meeting the humble pancake. And you even get a dose of vegetables!
These have all the hallmarks of a great Carrot Cake – carrot, soft texture and yummy spices topped with a creamy lemony drizzle. You won’t just be making these on Pancake Day..
Packed with good fats, wholefoods, carrots and plenty of taste enjoy these guilt free!
What do I need?
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup of Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup of Buckwheat Flour
1/2 cup Almond Milk (can substitute any milk here)
2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 cup of Grated Carrot
- 2 Tbl of Sultanas (optional)
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
1 Tbl of Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 Tbl of Maca Powder
2 Tbl of Tahini
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
2 tsp Raw Honey
1 Tbl crushed Walnuts
Let’s Do This!
1. Place all of the pancake ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. It should a similar consistency of regular pancakes. Let the mix sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. Heat a small fry pan over medium heat with a little coconut oil, butter or ghee.
3. Spoon your pancake mixture into the pan, shaping as you go.
4. Cook for 3-4 mins then carefully flip over for another 1-2 mins. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
5. For the topping: Combine all the ingredients except the nuts into a small bowl. Mix together with hot water – start with 1 tablespoon and slowly add more until desired consistency
6. Stack your pancakes on a plate, top with the sauce and walnuts. Enjoy!!
You can drizzle with a little maple syrup if you wish for a sweeter pancake.
Gluten free, Dairy free (depending on milk used)