The perfect way to increase that vegetable intake – a Breakfast Salad! And let’s face it you could eat this anytime of the day… This can be served by itself or with a side of eggs and/or bacon.
What Do I Need?
- Handful of Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Bunch of Broccolini
- Bunch of Asparagus
- 8 Baby Tomatoes
- 100g Mushroom, sliced thick
- 2 sprigs of Thyme
- Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbl Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Let’s Do This!
1. Remove the ends from the broccolini and asparagus.
2. Heat a fry pan over medium heat, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and broccolini, toss to coat. Cook for approximately 10 minutes until the broccolini softens and begins to crisp on the ends.
3. Remove from the pan and repeat with the asparagus. Add whole tomatoes to the pan with the asparagus and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your asparagus. Remove from the pan.
4. Add 1-2 Tbl of butter to the pan and toss the mushrooms through with the thyme. Cook for 5 minutes until soften but still holding their shape.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Chop up all the vegetable, except for the mushrooms.
7. In a bowl place the baby spinach and rocket. Add the vegetables, top with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss and enjoy!
Gluten free, nut free, dairy free, vegetarian, egg free, can be made vegan by substituting butter with Macadamia Oil.