These hormone loving Bliss Balls are made to support the luteal phase of your menstrual cycle. This phase is includes post ovulation, preparing your uterine wall for mensturation and the building of progesterone.
The food we eat therefore needs to support this preparation for your period and most importantly the rise in progesterone that I see so much trouble with in the clients.
So I’ve made this hormone loving Bliss Balls to support this phase
- Flaxseeds to support healthy detoxification of oestrogen
- Sunflower Seeds for Vitamin E which helps keep inflammation low as we approach our period and also helps with progesterone production
- Sesame Seeds in the form of Tahini to help support the production of progesterone
- Cacao for magnesium to help with the stress response
- Brazils nuts for selenium to support the thyroid and the liver to detox oestrogen
- Hazelnuts for their Vitamin E to help with progesterone production, dietary fibre to help eliminate any excess oestrogen and folate to help with blood building
The best thing is not only are these Bliss Balls amazing for supporting your hormones during the luteal phase, they are also super tasty! You simply need to eat one a day, so much more satisfying than taking a supplement!
What Do I Need?
- 140g Sunflower seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup (100g) Walnuts
- 28 (80g) Brazil nuts
- 2 tablespoons Cacao powder
- 7 (100g) Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (100g) Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Filtered water, approx
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
Let’s Do This!
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender/food processor and blitz until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Roll the dough into fourteen balls approximately 30-35g each.
- Place the balls into the fridge to firm up.
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks or in the freezer.
Note: I usually make these and my Follicular Phase Bliss Balls at the same time so I am always prepared.