These hormone loving Bliss Balls are made to support the follicular phase of your menstrual cycle. This phase is includes the end of your period, repairing and rebuilding the lining of your uterus and also stimulating the follicules in your ovaries in preparation for ovulation.
The food we eat therefore needs to support this rebuilding, help with the left over inflammation from our period and also support oestrogen levels, which need to rise during this period but not be too dominant throughout the rest of our cycles.
So I’ve made this hormone loving Bliss Balls to support this phase
- Flaxseeds to support healthy oestrogen production
- Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas) for zinc to support ovulation and egg development
- Almonds and Cacao for magnesium to help with the stress response
- Brazils nuts for selemium to support the thyroid
- Walnuts for Omega-3’s to support the lowering of inflammation and egg development
The best thing is not only are these Bliss Balls amazing for supporting your hormones during the follicular phase, they are also super tasty! You simply need to eat one a day, so much more satisfying than taking a supplement!
What Do I Need?
- 140g Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 70g of Ground linseed/flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup (50g) Walnuts
- 28 (80g) Brazil nuts
- 2 tablespoons Macapowder
- 7 (100g) Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (100g) Almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Filtered water, approx
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
Let’s Do This!
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender/food processor and blitz until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Roll the dough into fourteen balls approximately 35-40g each.
- Place the balls into the fridge to firm up.
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks or in the freezer.
Note: I usually make these and my Luteal Phase Bliss Balls at the same time so I am always prepared.