The freshness and zing from these Lemon and Cashew Cookies make them a real crowd pleaser.
After the popularity of my other cookies I wanted to make something a little lighter, a little fresher and you really can’t go wrong with lemon to hit that brief. I was also very keen to use the Cashew Butter I had and so came to life these Lemon and Cashew Cookies.
The lemon flavour is everything you would want in a cookie – using both the rind and the juice of the lemon they are bursting with freshness!
As you know I love food that nourishes. Whether that is the body or the soul – preferably both…! And these Lemon and Cashew Cookies do just that. Cashews pack a decent punch of iron – much needed to help us feel energised. Our bodies need the help of Vitamin C to help use the iron found in our plant foods. So the combination of cashews with the lemons is perfect for helping the body. You can dunk these into your cuppa knowing that you are nourishing your soul and your body!
My first batch of these were a bit of a fail. They tasted yummy but unfortunatley were still a little raw in the middle but getting just a tad over done on the outside.
This second batch I have nailed!
Like the other cookies there are super easy to make, just a few ingredients and all in one bowl!
Unlike the other cookies I have made these Lemon and Cashew Cookies have just a little coconut flour in them to help absorb the extra moisture from the lemon juice. Don’t worry it doesn’t make them at all coconutty.
You will also notice the Lemon and Cashew Cookies are flatter than the other cookies. This is a must to ensure they cook all the way through.
Keep an eye on the time too. They only need 10 minutes in the oven otherwise they will catch on the sides and darken just a little too much…
If you haven’t made the other cookies yet I suggest heading to check them out
What do I need?
- 120g of Almond Flour
- 65g of Cashew Butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey (or Maple Syrup)
- Rind and Juice of a Lemon
Let’s Do This!
1.Preheat the oven to 170c + line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place all the cookie ingredients into a bowl and mix together. You may need to use your hands to ensure the last bits are properly combined. This is the best part because then you get to lick your fingers!
3. Take approximately 30g of the mixture and flatten it between your palms.
4. Place them onto the baking tray with a little room between. Take a fork and press into the top – this step isn’t necessary but I like the look it gives them.
5. Place them into the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Then most importantly…..Pop the kettle on and Enjoy!!!
This recipe is gluten, diary and refinded sugar free. Suitable for SIBO Phase 2. And can be made Vegan friendly by using the maple syrup.