The holiday season is such a special time of year. Bringing family and friends around the table for a meal is a powerful way to connect with one another.
It is also a time of year that can bring up guilt over food choices. There are often times when we leave the feasting table feeling bloated and fatigued. So rather than sending yourself or your guests into a food coma riddled with guilt, treat them (and yourself) to a new kind of feasting experience this year.
Packed with colours that scream “The Holidays Are HERE” This Citrus, Kale + Pomegrante Salad is the perfect way to impress your guests.
Many people find that Kale can be a little tough. I’ve got this sorted! Massaging your Kale allows it to become softer. Makes total sense right. When you get a massage don’t your muscles become softer…? I love the connect that you get with your food when doing this too. A connection that is missed in the way we cook nowadays. And because it’s the season of love and giving, make sure you are infusing happy thoughts into the Kale as you are massaging it – your guests will appreciate the extra love energy their salad gives them!
In keeping with the theme of not making Christmas rushed, overwhelming or a hassle, this Citrus, Pomegranate + Kale Salad is super quick and easy to put together but looks so impressive with the colour pop!
Try this Citrus Pomegranate + Kale salad to compliment any of your other holiday flavours.
What Do I Need?
- 2 bunches kale, de-stemmed
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Oranges, peeled, segmented + halved
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Spiced Citrus Dressing
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
Let’s Do This!
1. Rip the kale into pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of sea salt + drizzle with olive oil. Massage kale until it has began to soften a little.
2. Mix the dressing in a separate bowl. Pour dressing over kale and toss until evenly dressed. (You don’t want your kale to be swimming in dressing, so add slowly.)
3. Plate kale in a serving dish or salad bowl. Top with oranges + pomegranate seeds.
This serves 4 by itself or 8-10 as a side dish with other dishes
This recipe is gluten, dairy,nut + egg free.