This Tomato Radish + Olive Salad came into existence through my SIBO journey. When are faced with removing some of your go-to salad items it makes you become a little more inventive… and that is not a bad thing. So as I was looking at the list of vegetables you I could eat, I wanted to get as many salad items onto my plate as I could. And this Tomato Radish + Olive Salad was the result.
I was actually a little sceptical of what it would taste like as I was throwing it together. I mean olives, mint + basil…. it was certainly not flavours I would have put together in the past. But OMG I’m so glad I did! It is truly a flavour sensation. And does just go prove a couple of things….
1. Therapeutic diets do not have to be boring
2. Being forced away from our ‘usual’ nearly always turns out fo the best (and yes I’m not just referring to food here…)
The ingredients in this salad are all low reactive on the digestive system. And because it’s so yummy you don’t need to have SIBO to enjoy the benefits of this salad.
I’ve added in a little extra help for those with an inflamed digestive system with the inclusion of an extra anti-inflammatory kick with one of my favourite dressings – Turmeric Almond Dressing. This dressing is one of my fav’s and only came into existence due to this diet. When you have foods taken away, you want to make sure what you can have you make the most of. And I love food with lots of flavour. This dressing ticks that box. I have also used this dressing on my Anti-Inflammatory Salmon Bowl.
This salad can be paired with whatever protein you would like. Personally I love it with Sardines!
Simple + packed with goodness this is one salad you don’t want to skip past – trust me your tastebuds and tummy will thank you!
What Do I Need?
- 2 Handfuls of Rocket
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 6 Radish’s, halved
- 8 Olives, halved
- Small handful of Mint Leaves, torn
- Small handful of Coriander Leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup of Mixed Sunflower + Pepitas (Pumpkin) Seeds
- Salt + Pepper
Turmeric Almond Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon of Almond Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric, ground
Let’s Do This!
1. Toss together the rocket, mint + coriander and place on the plates
2. Top with tomato, radish + olives
3. Mix together the ingredients for the dressing. If you would like it runnier you can add a little more olive oil. Drizzle over the salad.
4. Sprinkle over the seeds
5. Season with salt + pepper.
This serves 2 people.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free + SIBO friendly.