Another cookie for you! My Ginger Tahini Cookie! And considering how much you all loved the Choc Almond Cookie a couple of weeks ago these should be a hit as well!
Ginger as always been a flavour that I associate with my parents and grandparents and for that reason there is something wonderfully comforting about having a ginger flavoured something. I also love how one of my nieces, at just 2 years of age also loves a well gingery flavoured biscuit. Seems that tradition is living on!
Those Ginger Nut Cookies I had a child that were sooo crunchy you needed to really get them to the side of your mouth to crunch into them or leave them soaking in your cuppa until they were more easily bitten into. They were one of my favourites.
Now these aren’t quite that crunchy but sure do give the same ginger kick and dunking ability. All very necessary qualities in a ginger cookie!
These cookies are super simple to make with just 5 ingredients, all in one bowl and only 10 minutes in the oven.
I’ve packed them full of goodness!
Almond Meal and tahini provide a dose of good fats and protein, with some natural sweetness from the honey. Then we have the Maca Powder. Maca Powder lends itself to give caramel notes and it’s absolutely wonderful for your hormones! Both men’s and women’s hormones.
And of course the star of the show the ginger! Ginger has soooo many health benefits apart from it being all round yummy. It’s anti-inflammatory, it can help relieve pain during your period, it fires up the digestion and relieves nausea.
These Ginger Tahini Cookies can be made with or without the topping. They do loose a little of their crunch if they have to topping on but trust me they are still delicious!
Treat yourself to a batch of these. Sit down with a cup of your favourite hot beverage and enjoy a quite moment of calm. Drink in the smells and tastes. Because we both need to be nourished and nurtured and these Ginger Tahini Cookies hit the requirement for both of these!
What Do I Need?
- 100g of Almond Meal
- 1/4 Cup of Maca Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Ginger, ground
- 1 Tablespoon of Tahini
- 1 Teaspoon of Maca
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- 2 Teaspoons of Hot Water
Let’s Do This!
1. Preheat the oven to 180c + line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place all the cookie ingredients into a bowl and mix together. You may need to use your hands to ensure the last bits are properly combined.
3. Take the mixture and roll it into balls approx 2cm in diameter. Then flatten slightly by pressing your thumb into the top of them.
4. Place them onto the baking tray with a little room between.
5. Place them into the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Whilst they are cooking put all the Caramel Tahini Topping into a small bowl and mix until combined.
7. Cool the cookies on a wire rack and then divide the topping even across all biscuits, placing dollops in the groove where your thumb was.
Then most importantly…..Pop the kettle on and Enjoy!!!
This makes approx 16 cookies
This recipe is gluten and dairy free + SIBO friendly.