Granola is the ultimate comfort food and I love all the wintery flavours that come with your typical granolas, cinnamon, ginger, chocolate, dates etc. But they feel just a little heavy for summer.
So I decided to have a little play around with some fresh summery flavours – this one is going to rock on top of a mango smoothie!!
What do I need?
• 2 cups of Mixed Nuts – I used Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews and Brazil Nuts
• 1 cup of Flaked Coconut
• 50g Dates, chopped
• 3/4 cup of Mixed Seeds, I used Sunflower and Pepitas (pumpkin)
• 1 cup of Cranberries – dried, sweetened with apple juice
• 1 tsp of Cinnamon
• 1 Lime, rind grated and juiced
• 1/3 cup of Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
• 1 Tbl of Coconut Oil
• 1 Tbl of Vanilla Extract
Let’s Do This!
1. Preheat the oven to 160C, and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place the nuts, seeds, coconut, dates, half the cranberries and cinnamon into a large bowl, combine.
3. Place the lime zest, juice, rice malt syrup, coconut oil and vanilla into a heat proof jug and microwave until syrup and oil have melted, it only took me about 30 secs.
4. Pour the lime mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well to ensure it is well coated.
5. Spread mixture evenly over the lined tray.
6. Bake for 15 mins. Remove from oven and toss around as the top and sides will brown quicker. Place it back in the over for 10-15mins.
7. Remove and let it cool completely before transferring to a sealed container.
This granola is a chewy style one. It is yummy sprinkled on top of fruit and yoghurt or eaten as is with a little milk or yoghurt.
Gluten free, low carb, vegetarian, vegan