- not come down with anything despite being around people with colds, coughs and other upper respiratory symptoms
- managed to not let their symptoms take hold
- shorten the time that they had their symptoms for
What Do I Need?
- 1/2 Onion – can be white or red
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 cup of Honey – Raw, Manuka, something of good quality
Let’s Do This!
1. Finely chop the onion. This does not need to be perfect. Place into a glass bowl. You want this to be glass as the onion and garlic will draw in the compounds found in plastic.
2. Crush the garlic cloves into the bowl.
3. Cover the onion and garlic with the honey.
4. Cover and let it sit for 24 hours. You can start taking spoonfuls within 6 but make sure the main mixture is left for 24hours to ensure it’s potency.
5. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a glass jar. You will notice the honey has become more water like.
If you are taking this as a preventative: 1 dessertspoon per day for adults and 1 teaspoon for children should be plenty. You can however do morning and night if you want to,
If you have cold/flu symptoms: take 1 dessertspoon up to 6 times a day for adults and 1 teaspoon up to 6 times a day for children for 3-4 days. Then you can switch back to the preventative dose until your symptoms have gone away.
NOTE: This is not to be used in replace of medication where required. If your symptoms are getting worse or not resolved within 3-4 days consult a health professional.
You can have this made up and stored in a glass jar for up to 1 month so it’s on hand when needed,