See that foil in the bottom of the pan? If you place that right you won’t even need to clean the baking tray! Meals like this allow more time to spend doing – well whatever it is you want to do with your extra time!
Fish ensures that you have a great boost of protein and pairs perfectly with the taste of these Mediterranean Vegetables.
What Do I Need?
- 4 Sea Bass fillets
- 3 Capsicums, cut into quarters
- 1/2 Head of Broccoli, florets sliced in half
- 9 – 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 9 – 10 Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 Tablespoon of Capers
- 1 Zucchini, sliced on the angle
- 1 Eggplant, sliced length ways
- 2 cup of Tomato Passata
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Dried Oregano
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
Let’s Do This!
1. Preheat the oven to 200c.
2. Lightly steam the broccoli florets – approx 5 minutes
3. Salt the eggplant and set aside – this makes the eggplant sweat and makes it softer once cooked.
4. Add the dried basil and oregano to the tomato passata and stir
5. Line the bottom of a roasting pan/dish with foil and coat with a little EVOO.
6. Layer the vegetables and the sea bass into the pan (see pictures above) – pour 1 cup of the tomato passata after the cherry tomatoes
- Sea Bass
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
7. Pour over the remaining cup of tomato passata using the back of spoon to ensure the top is covered and to poke it down a little
8. Drizzle over EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
9. Bake for 45-60 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the topped has browned a little.
This can be served as is or with a simple side salad.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free, SIBO friendly and is nut free.