Salad’s don’t have to always be cold – this Cauliflower, Chickpea + Quinoa Salad is proof of that. It takes amazing straight out of the oven or out of the fridge.
Roasting vegetables always brings out a sweetness. This is true for the cauliflower. In fact roasting cauliflower would be one of my favourite ways of eating it.
Adding in the chickpeas + seeds allows this salad some crunch, the perfect combination with the softness of the cauliflower and pop of the quinoa.
Don’t be put off by the fennel seeds. I made this for my most picky friend and she loved it! The flavour from the fennel seeds adds to the overall dish and is not at all overwhelming.
What Do I Need?
- 1/2 cup of Quinoa
- 1 head of medium Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g tin of Chickpeas, drained
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbl of Cumin
- 2 Tbl of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbl of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbl of Tahini
Let’s Do This!
1. Preheat the oven to 200c
2. Place 2 cups of water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the quinoa and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until it has lost it’s crunch.
3. Place the cauliflower into a bowl.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and season with cumin, salt and pepper. Toss to coat
5. Spread the cauliflower a lined oven tray. Scrape out the bowl to ensure you get all the oil and seasoning.
6. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and add the chickpeas, fennel seeds and pumpkin seeds.
8. To make the dressing combine oil and tahini.
9. Remove from oven.
10. Place in a bowl or onto plates. Drizzle over dressing.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free, vegan friendly and is nut free.