What Do I Need?
- 1 Celeriac Bulb (approx 800-900g)
- 5 medium sized Carrots
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 to 6 cups of vegetable Broth (see below for a quick alternative)
- 5 sprigs of Thyme + extra for topping
- Salt + Pepper to taste
Vegetable Broth Herbs + Spices
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Coriander
Let’s Do This!
1. Preheat the oven to 200c.
2. Cut off the roots of celeriac and peel. Dice celeriac + carrots roughly into 3cm cubes. Place in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Toss until all the vegetables are well coated.
3. Roast in the oven 35 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are beginning to caramelize and brown.
4. Whilst the vegetables are roasting put your spices into a 4 cup jug and top with boiling water.
4. When the vegetables are done roasting, transfer them into a blender or bowl (if using a stick blender). Add the thyme leaves from the 5 sprigs with 4 cups of vegetable broth. Puree until smooth. Add up to 2 cups more of with vegetable broth or water to achieve the consistency you desire.
5. Place the soup into a pot and warm on the stove. Serve with extra thyme.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free, vegan friendly, SIBO friendly and is nut free.