Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The balance of protein and fats in this omelette make it the perfect start to the day. Eggs are a complete source of protein and contain good fats which will keep you full til lunch time. The added benefit of Turmeric means it is also anti-inflammatory, kick starting your day in a positive way. This one is also great for lunch or dinner!!
What do I need?
1 tsp of fresh grated turmeric or 1/2tsp of ground turmeric
1 Tbs of psyllium husk
1 Tbs water
Salt and pepper
1 tsp of coconut oil
Handful of baby spinach
Let’s Do this!
1. In a bowl, combine the eggs, turmeric, psyllium husk and water, beat well.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a medium sized frying pan.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. The egg will begin to bubble on the surface and firm around the sides.
5. Flip the omelette and cook for another 1-2mins.
6. Place the baby spinach on top of the omelette and fold in half. Leave in the pan and let it sit for another 1-2 mins.
7. Place the omelette on the plate and enjoy. I topped mine with a little avocado – love those good fats!
This can be served by itself or as part of a larger breakfast with bacon, avocado, asparagus etc.