Frittatas are one of the most versatile meals. These have a great balance of protein, greens and good fats – all of my favourites, meaning you can get so much of your nutrients from one slice. They are super portable and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
What do I need?
- 150g Mushrooms, chopped
- 100g Tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Rashes of Bacon, diced (for vegetarians, can use meat alternative)
- 1 Zucchini, halved and sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Coconut oil
- Grated cheese of your choice – I love goats cheese for a lactose free version
Let’s Do This!
1. Heat oven to 200c
2. Lightly oil an oven proof dish with the coconut oil. Place the vegetables and bacon (or meat alternative) in the bottom of the dish.
3. Whisk together the eggs and the coconut cream. Pour over the vegetables and bacon (or meat alternative).
4. Top with your choice of cheese.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30mins – check after 20 mins as the depth of your dish will vary cooking times. You want the cheese to be lightly browned and the middle firm to touch.
6. Remove and cut into 4.
(Gluten free, nut free, can be made lactose free and vegetarian)